Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tired Tuesday

I haven't been a very good blogger lately - things have just been so hectic at home and at work....I haven't had the energy by the time I have a few minutes. So, today's version of Tuesday's Ten will be 10 things that have happened in the last couple of weeks.

1. We let someone go at work and I am training the replacement. It's all good, but it makes me tired and wasn't *exactly* what I was planning on accomplishing at work in my last three months before maternity leave. :(

2. I seriously love my husband...he has been so wonderful in the last several months. I wasn't sure he was really into playing the role of "supportive husband" during pregnancy - he's been there, done that before. But he's been amazing. Absolutely amazing... Year two of marriage can be much better than year one, sometimes....and it just keeps getting better.

3. I spent last Saturday with my sister in law at a baby fair at our local hospital. It was fun to look at all the little treats and we listened to some awesome speakers. I am really blessed in the sister in law department, I have some really amazing ones.

4. Speaking of sisters in law, we've figured out our child care for when I go back to work. My other sister in law will be watching Maddy every day. I'm so excited on so many levels. I now have a good excuse to see my sister in law every day. Yea! My little girl will be cared for by an aunt that will absolutely adore and cherish her. Yea! Maddy will grow really close to her cousins, which is really, really important to me. I'm really looking forward to watching the kids grow up together. What fun!

5. If I were a stock buying sort of girl, I'd buy stock in milk right now. It's about the only thing that calms the acid in the tummy these days. Tums are okay, but milk reeeeeally helps.

6. I am now officially in my third trimester. That's just weird to me....I'm no longer the newly pregnant girl on the maternity block. Where did the time go?!?!?!

7. I'm starting to learn the finer details of rules and penalties in football. It makes watching the games so much more fun.

8. Jim and I have been working feverishly on the nursery. We're pretty good at it, even with me being pregnant and him having a lame wing. The paint is done - I'm just waiting for one of my mothers in law to help me with the chair rail. Yea :) We actually may be done before the baby shower! That'd be awesome!

9. I'll be reeeeeeally glad when elections are over. I'm more politically interested than a lot of people, but I'm super sick of the commercials at this point. They all lie. They all cheat. They all tell stories that are exaggerated....some are just less evil than others.

10. I only have to wake up three more times before I can sleep in, and for that, I'm grateful.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

That is AWESOME at your SIL can watch your little one. I know it's a huge comfort when we have family watch Mikayla, makes it a little less hard to be away knowing she's in good hands. Yayyyy!